Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Something to Think About

Today I missed my train. Which would not be a big deal on a normal day, but today I ended up taking the last train home. I had to wait an hour and a half for that train. I started to think, who could I call to give me a ride home (since I now live in 30 minutes south of Boston) on a snowy night. And I came to a sad realization, there was no one.

The weird thing is that I have a lot of people in my life. I have a bunch of friends and a few family members very close. And as I thought about who would actually come out in the snow if I asked, I was overcome with great sadness. No one, a friend who I thought would go above and beyond simply made an excuse and that was that.

I am always there when someone is in need. I go out of my way most of the time to accommodate them and yet, when I am in need none of those people are there for me. How utterly sad and depressing. Now that is something to think about long and hard as I move forward. Who will be there for me?

No comments: