Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So...It was OK....

It was OK... The speed dating thing. I mean it was not as bad a match.com. At least the guys tried to have a conversation with you before rejecting you... :-)

Honestly... I did have an OK time. I had 8 dates.... talk to 8 guys. Had some interesting conversations... laugh a bunch that was really cool. I mean I really did not go into it with any expectations at all. I figure at events like this.... there isn't much diversity, and I was right. And not all people are open minded. Personally, I am not the type to not talk to someone who different from me....and I guess I assume people are that way as well.

I am open to the possibility of meeting a person that I am compatible with regardless of their race or ethnic background and I am noticing that most men are not that open to it.

So what's a girl to do. I am going to just take a break. I mean seriously. This process is feeling like a full time job and it is starting to get stressful. And that is not fun.... this is suppose to be fun, right? Well if it is, when does it start?

Anyway back to my experience - so the wait now begins... you have to log in to their website to put enter your matches.... if you want to see a particular person again for another date or friendship....or whatever.... now in order to have a match - both people have to pick the same category. If they do, then you get there contact info so you can talk or met again. If no one picks you for any category then there is not match and you got to go to another event for free.

I am glad it tried it - I can add it to my nice long list of date options I've tried. Maybe I need to try normal stuff... like the supermarket, the street, the train (kinda impossible since i don't use public transport), someone suggest volunteering but I would never do that to just meet someone. I will volunteer to help a group with whatever they need. Oh well... back to the mundane that is my life.

No comments: