Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Something New?

Or is it going to be the same old same old. I am trying to keep an open mind. This evening a friend and I will try speed dating. Ask me why I keep torturing myself but I guess I am a glutton for punishment. It was suppose to be a bunch of us girls getting together to have some fun. But it only ended up being 2 of us. I am still looking forward to getting out and meeting people in my age group.

Like I told her today - I am going in to this with no expectations..... I am going to have a good laugh and get out of the mundane that has become my life (of late). I am even considering trying other new things... like skiing (yeah, i laughed myself). I am a self-professed Tropical Bird... I don't like being cold. But you know what... I wouldn't mind giving it a try at least once in my life. I also want to go fishing... (please stop laughing)... yes I know i have a problem with crawly things, so someone is going to have to help me with baiting my line.... but I just want to try it at least one... you never know, I might just end up liking it.

There are lots of things I've never tried. I want to learn to ride a bicycle, then a motorcycle and swim (i confess... that swim class in college did not help me, I still can't tread water). I want to learn to drive race cars (to do that i need to learn to drive a standard). I want to learn to drive an 18 wheeler.... I will ride the superman ride at six flags one of these days. I want to see the world - Ireland, Scotland, London, Italy - just to name a few. I want to get into photography - I took a couple of classes in college and I really enjoyed it. I want to learn to salsa, mambo and waltz, belly dance and strip. I've got the Caribbean dancing down ;-)

I will be back with the skinny on the speed dating event..... wish me luck

No comments: