Saturday, July 01, 2006

Relax, Relate, Release

An what a good morning it has turned out to be....it is 2 am and I've just returned home for a nice evening out. Tried a new place today - The City Bar at the Lenox Hotel. The atmosphere was very nice and relaxing. The music was a mixture of old school and new stuff.. with a little pop thrown in for good measure.. or should I say a little Mr. Marley...Mr. Brown and Shabba was on the play list as well... The drinks were nice although, a bit limited.. I had my heart set on an Alabama Slamma but I was told that they did not have the ingredients necessary to make it and was promptly presented with a dirnk menu... what ever was on the list was pretty much it.. unless it was an uncomplicated drink...

I started off with the Tiki Tonic - not what I expected.. after a while my tounge began to burn (that is the best way to describe it).. I know they was some sort of spice rum that was used but i could not put my fingure on it.. finally I asked the bar tender - and she said the infused rum that was used had ginger pieces in the bottle.. so I got a different drink... a Guava Martini, yum.

So I pretty much nursed that drink for the remainder of the evening.. and sat back with Pound Cake and people watch. We were eyeing the bouncer all night, actually she was... very cute if I do say so myself. All in All a wonderful evening.

No comments: