Sunday, April 23, 2006

Being Single

I notice that I get sad when it rains....No for the reasons you may think... But because it reminds me that I am lonely. (I was going to say alone but I have a ton of people in my life, just not that special someone). It is on days like this that I wish I had a special person in my life. I spend the afternoon with a bunch of my friends...Both are married with kids. I like to see the way they interact with each other. You can tell that they (both couples) are really in love. I mean the kinda love that is unconditional. I've know the wives for over 10 years...Both of them met their husbands during college. So they were together a while before they got married. There is so much caring between that it warms the heart. Unfortunately, when I am with them, I am reminded (not by them) that I am still single. I have been asking myself this question lately...Why am I still single? This is the question of the ages. I believe that I've done my best to put myself out there. I am an attractive woman, I am honest, kind, giving, and loyal. Am I sabotaging myself...Am I projecting something that is turning men away? What could it possibly be.

After all these years why AM I still single. Almost all of my friends are married or are in serious relationships. So where is He? I have realized that I sometimes don't see what is in front of me.....Because I am so focus on achieving a certain goal....How many opportunities have I miss for not pay closer attention? Was He there and I was too blind to see him because I had my head in a book or was worrying about something?

God help me if I've missed my opportunity.

No comments: