Sunday, April 23, 2006

Here Goes

Well I've gone and done it. I am blogging. I guess I could use it to get some of my anger out, cheaper than seeing a shrink. So here goes. So there isn't much happening in my life these days...No that is not true. There is a lot of stuff happening, just not the stuff that I want to happen.

I am a single girl (yes I refer to myself that way sometimes) living in the Boston area. I've lived in Boston for 20 years. Wasn't born here so I don't have the same appreciation for Boston as others do. I am plotting to leave, not sure when it will happen but it will be swift and pain free. I dream of wide open space...it kills me that I can look out my window and into someone's house. It is kinda sick to see the space between the houses in Boston. Sometimes it is so small that you can reach in and scratch someone's ass. Don't like that kinda closeness at all. I want 5+ acres of land somewhere (have not figured out exactly where) but I know if I want that kinda of space, I can't be picky.

I've have met some really cool people in Boston... I have some really awesome friends. They are my support and I theirs....Most of them I've known for over 10 years. I have a core group that I met in high school... (Boston Public, of course).... Then there are the college friends...Honestly I've only added a couple new people in the last year or so. I say I am shy, but my friends would say something completely different.

A friend of mind suggested that I write... Other than in my personal journal and this is my attempt to do that. I don't believe that I am a good writer. Yes I hold a BA and an MS, but I my writing sucks. I can't spell and my grammar is bad.. I remember a professor in college telling me that I was dyslexic when it comes to grammar, i will never forget her. Of course I have since completed my undergraduate, masters and several really good jobs..... I don't acknowledge my strengths and weaknesses...and writing is at the top of the list. I've realized over the years that I express myself 100 times better when I speak with people directly. I could never seem to put my feeling down on paper. This will be my attempt to see what I can do.

No comments: