Friday, April 28, 2006

Ladies Night

So this is the first for many (I hope) when the girls get together and gab about each others lives. The particular ladies I've know since high school... we all went to a BPS together back in 1988. And we are still really good friends to this day. Here are the cast of characters: LEGS, she is in a relationship and is getting married next year (one of the two wedding I will be attending). BOOTY, she is divorced with 3 kids. DREADS- she is in a long term relationship (I think she is going to be the next to get married), she is the community activist in the group. SMARTS - she is married with 2 kids (she married her high school sweetheart after she broke up with her kids father), now this one is the go getter of the bunch. Then there is me, the single one (with now prospect on the horizon)...I am the motherly one, the responsible one... There is one missing, STYLES, I have not seen her in a long time but i've talked to her on the phone and she is doing really well (there is some bad blood between a couple of the other girls so she is not around much)

This is my core group of friends. We laugh and act silly when were are together, when you've known people that long you find that you can really be yourself. Sometimes we don't see or talk to each other for a very long time but when we do reconnect it is like no time has passed between us. I am really glad to have ladies like these in my life, they inspire, motivate and keep me grounded. I trully love them for the best they bring out in me.

So tonight we are getting to get to watch movies, eat and talk...yes they will be drinking involved (that never hurts). It is gearing up to be a sleep where you sit kinda thinks... as from pass experience, we tend to forget what time and how many drinks we've had...so I am going to be proactive and bring a pillow and pjs.

No comments: