Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Men?

Why are men so daft? I mean really. They (will be used to generalize) say they want to be in a relationship, they want that special person but do they really know a good thing when it is right in front of them?

I was stupid enough to believe that I should try the online match making systems. Thinking I will meet quality men…my rational was – if you gonna pay for something you will get quality…Oh boy was a wrong.

A little history is needed. So last year a co-worker told me she joined e-harmony and started dating this guy… seemed nice enough (actually spoke with her a couple weeks ago and they are still together). So she suggested that I try it. I was finishing up my masters degree and figured that this is the first time in a long time that I had free time to concentrate on my social life. I had so much on my plate that I had to give up a few things, my health and my social life. (I’ll save that for another entry) Anyway, so I figured I would try the e-harmony. I created my profile, was like taking the damn SAT… I got through it and paid my money. Was all excited, within a couple of hours I have a bunch of matches. I was so excited. Yeah, the beginning of a new project… Well little did I know that I would have not luck… all the matches that I received would close the match. The best reason was “I don’t think there is any chemistry”. Now I am wondering, how you know if you have chemistry with someone if you’ve never met them. That one boggles the mind. So I gave up on that. Someone (another friend) told me to try Match.com. Oh my god… lets just say I am even worse that e-harmony. Let’s just say I did not get what I was looking for… no where on my profile did I mention that I was a prostitute, whore, or slut or even insinuated anything close. Since my profile was quite honest as am I, I was offended. Then there was that one (remind me to talk about that one another time). What it was was a waste of my damn time and energy.

Since I am a glutton for punishment, I figure give it one more try… damn if I didn’t sign up on Chemistry.com. I have to admit I am an ass to the tenth power. I had one person interested… and he just wanted to see my picture because it was not available until communication began. But I’ve receive over 140 matches and yes I’ve expressed interest in a good number of them. However I am still waiting for mutual interest to be returned. Unfortunately I can’t get my money back.

I am glad that I’ve tried….I put myself out there and granted I did not get the results I desired but I was trying to be still open to the possibility. But as the days go on… I am seriously thinking about jumping ship. It does not seem as if my Mr. Man is out there and I am having serious trouble wrapping my head around that fact.

No comments: