Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ladies Night - June

Last night, Ladies Night was a raving success again... The one that was scheduled for May was cancelled. We had a blast. It was really nice to take time to spend with the girls...Who are the sweetest people in the world. We all brought something to either eat or drink... This time I made my sweet and spicy chicken (not as spicy as I had hoped) but good non the less, as well as regular fried chicken...Mostly finger food.. We also had salad, chips and salsa, bacon rapped scallops, bread stick with artichoke dip, and wine. I think we went through about 3 or 4 bottles of wine. The conversations was good as well....... Looks like we might have 2 weddings next year..(that's not official yet) but it is looking pretty good. I am so excited... Can't wait.

We finally got to see SMARTS wedding video... She and hubby ran off to the Bahamas last July 19 and got hitched. The video was spectacular... They got married right on the beach, her dress was gorgeous and so was she (tanned and looking beautiful as ever). He was handsome in his linen suit... They make such a lovely couple. I can't believe that it's going to be a year since they got married. It was really nice seeing her, since we don't get to see her very often, she just doesn't get to most of the get togethers... But this was the first time in a long time that we were all here. I can't believe that these girls (I should say women) are the girls that I met when I was in high school (were are talking 1988/1989). It is awesome that we keep in touch with each other.

If that was not enough - we decided to go to a bar. We all met up at
The Blarney Stone for more drinks... I did not want to go since I was not dress for the public let along a bar where they could possibly be cute boys..Then I remembered that (see "I am still here" post), so I went.....Only had one drink, which was not problem since I was close to home. All in all the evening was fun....

No comments: