Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Life's a Bitch!

So yesterday evening - I decided to go run some errands... when I started my car I sounded a little funny (considering I don't really pay much to noises, as long as it starts and moves I am happy - I am a mechanic dream). So I was able to run a couple of errands and decided to go home. I figured I would take the car to the shop in the morning.

One of my errands involved picking up a trashy romance novel (got get the romance somewhere huh)... anyway, I got a bit side tracked reading. I put the book down sometime around 7am. Now considering I am suppose to take the car to get checked out early morning.....Well I did fall asleep and finally got up about 10am.

So I get ready and go out to start the car... by now the sun is hot as hell and I am sweating like a pig. But I tried starting the car and nothing. I had to call AAA to tow it to the shop - thank god it is just down the street. So I go see my friend at the Toyota service center....

That was the funniest exchange -

Me: I blame you for this -you jinxed me.
Guy: Me what did I do?
Me: You told me I had major problems that need to be fixed....
Guy: He laughs....
Me: Just make sure whatever is wrong it is under $100
Guy: He laughs....

30-45 minutes later...
Guy: Ok well - you timing belt is broken and it is going to cost about 350 to fix it.
Me: No (in my head - that is bullshit)... I just had that replaced her a little while ago.
Guy: I'll check on it...

15 minutes later.....
Guy: Ok I have good news and bad news
Me: What
Guy: The bad news is that we need to keep your car over night...
Me: No, no... why can you fix today
Guy: Well the person who is going to fix it is working on a car right now..and he won't be able to start and finish your car today.
Me: well he better get crackalacking.. cause I need my car...
Guy: We do you want to hear the good news or not...
Me: fine fine...what is the good news..
Guy: We did replace your timing belt in March so it is still it will not cost you to have it fixed.
Me: Are you serious....

I started dancing and smiling and dancing...

Me: You just made my day, I could hug you....and that is exactly what I did.

God loves me... cause he knew that I could not handle shelling out more money to fix my car.

And just yesterday I said to my mother - I am going to have to buy a new car.

No comments: