Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Things You Do.....

I hate hospitals...

My sister asked me to take my nephew to his allergy appointment today. However, she failed to inform me that he was being tested today.

It started off all wrong.... I did not find out the appointment time until 9am and the we had to be at the hospital for 11am (I hate that shit). At least she gave me a note giving me permission to be there an authorize the damn test. And then the question, the one they always ask......"So why is he being seen today"? I did not know, cause she did not tell me. I just had the doctor call her and she gave him the background information that he needed. (yeah like I was suppose to know all that shit). Now that was out of the way and the doc said the nurse will be in shortly to administer the test.

The good news is that I'm already familiar with the allergy testing stuff - since my little sister has been through the process.

Long story short, my nephew is allergic to everything under the sun.... Mold, Mice, Cats, Dogs, Dust Mites, Feathers, Trees, Grass.... Peanuts, Treenuts, Coconuts, and Sesames. I mean he is screwed with the indoor stuff and screwed with the outdoor stuff.

I feel sorry for the poor kid.....But how do you tell a 5 year he is allergic to everything.

No comments: