Saturday, May 20, 2006

Life

Well - I known for some time now that life is a bitch and then you die - and in between that shit happens.

So last year I had this great opportunity to change careers... A little history. I've been working a A job that was killing me. I mean the stress was off the scale -- it was not the work, the work I really loved, it was the people that was making my life difficult. My feeling is that a couple of the people who worked in the office were, lets say, threatened by an intelligent black woman. Anyway, so after being there for almost 5 years, I left for a better job or so I thought (that is a story for another day). However, 7 months into that position, the company was snapped up. So I found my self for the first time in about 10 years with some quiet time. Did I mention that while dealing with all the stress at work I decided to go back to school to get a masters degree... oh sorry about that.

Anyway.....As I was saying - I had just started my last class in the program and the announcement came - a much larger, huge in fact (over 10000) company would be buying my small little (250) company and the merger would be completed by the end of August. We were told that we would know in a couple of weeks if we (me) would have a permanent job with the new company. Alas, I tried not to worry about it, I focused on finishing my last class, which happened to be at the beginning of August and a week later I got my offer letter. It had an end date - August 31, 2005 would be my last day. Yes, I got a severance package and a nice chunk of stock, so I was fine. After being in school for the last 2 years I really needed a break, I was so happy to be on Vacation for the first time in a long time.

Finally, September came and I did nothing - I just watched TV, played with my niece and nephew... went shopping and the like. I really need that mental health break. So I gave myself that reward for being a really responsible person and sacrificing my needs for others. In October I said, let me really assess what it is I want to do with the rest of my life. What do I really want to do? So mid October I did some research and set out to do it. This new path required me to take a class and study for a test. I swore that I was done with anything class and studying relate - but for the one I made an exception. So I took the class and studied. In November it paid off.... I took the test and became licensed. Yeah Me. I was so proud of myself. This meant the beginning of what I wanted.

Just one little problem - my new career is commission based and I've only made one sale so far... And the savings are getting to the end. Gotta find a way to fix it that... How to make additional money while promoting my new career? Here are some of the ideas I've discarded:

prostitute - don't like walking
drug dealer - too dangerous
picking up cans - too dirty
surrogate mom - too much of a time commitment
selling my eggs - don't like needles (I seriously considered until I found out about the shots)


Nothing else has come to mind - so please if you have any other ideas please let me know.

No comments: